Tuesday 12 May 2015

To Be Married Or Handcuffed


It was Friday. 8th July 2011 and the next day it would be all over. I couldn’t believe it, it had been the most stressful month ever.

The last week had been especially hard. I remember that I was completely overwhelmed; going back and forth, without sleeping, solving every kind of problem you could imagine. I was definitely worn out.

I was driving to the country house where it was supposed we were going to spend the weekend. I was feeling pretty nervous, excited indeed and wishing that everything would run smoothly. I had just left the motorway in order to take the regular road towards Vejer. Suddenly, at a crossroads, a policeman indicated that I had to stop.

He submitted me to a breathalyzer test in which I got 0’0. However, he decided not to let me go. In fact, he asked for my driving licence. I felt embarrassed because my glove box was crammed with so much stuff that I couldn’t reach the document. Finally, I retrieved it and the policeman checked everything was fine. Even so, he began to look around the car and saw that in the rear of the car, the seat backs were folded down and there was plenty of unusual stuff. He asked me – ‘What is it for?’. I just told him about the wedding.

Immediately his face changed and he said ‘If you want, you could be held in custody for several days. So, you could avoid getting married’.  



PS Curiously, in Spanish "esposados" means both; handcuffed and married. ;-)


Please, If you find any mistake or you have another point of view about the information that I have posted, please leave a comment. We can all learn together! This blog feeds on your coments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment