Tuesday 4 December 2012

My Language School

I'm in the fourth year of a State-Run Language School (specifically, Escuela Oficial de Idiomas). The equalize levels between Common European Framework of Reference (from now on CEFR), Cambridge and E.O.I. is the following one:



I receibed B1 two years ago and, according to this information, I should study 2 years more to get a B2 certification.

We work on four skills; reading, writing, speaking and listening. Furthermore, we work vocabulary and grammar, but they are not included as questions in our exams. The most difficult skill for me is listening. People said "the more you listen to, the more you understand", but I think I still need to listening very much.

I'm thinking to work abroad in a few months to resolve my listening problem and to improve my English. I'm looking for an agency (or something like that) that can help me find a job, an apartment and maybe an English course to travel to England to do it. Soon I will tell how I'm doing the search and what I have worked out yet, but not today.

Today I want to raise a question: Why don't the European English tests have the same grading scale

Two years ago, at the same time I passed my Language School exam that certifies me as B1 English Speaker, I passed GESE-8 certification at Trinity Colleague. The equalize levels between CEFR and Trinity Colleague is the following one:


So, according to Trinity Colleague, my Europe level was B2 whereas according to Cambridge my level was B1. Which one is right? Which Europe English Level do I have?


Please, If you find any mistake or you have another point of view about the information that I have posted, please leave a comment. We can all learn together! This blog feeds on your coments!!

1 comment:

  1. OLE my girl!
    worth your weight in gold!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete