Monday 28 January 2013

A Time I Met A Celebrity

Two years ago I met "Culebra" and "Cabeza". These are the nicknames of Rafi y Fali, two Spanish boys from Sevilla who made comedy sketches. My friends and I had been laughing at their short comedies during the last summer holidays and suddenly...

Antonio and I were in Sevilla for the weekend, at my mother's house. It was a lovely sunny day so we decided to go out. We went for a walk across Betis Street. This street is one of the prettiest streets in Sevilla: it follows the bank of the Guadalquivir river and you can see the "Torre del Oro" and even the Cathedral from there, at the same time you see people canoeing in the river. The views you get from this street are just amazing!

After walking for a while, when we arrived at the Triana Bridge, we decided to stop and have a beer in the famous Faro restaurant/bar. We sat down on the terrace in order to enjoy the wonderful views. The sun was shining strongly, so it was hot. We quickly finished the first beers, so I went into the bar to order another couple. When I returned to the terrace I could see how Antonio was talking to two boys. - University friends, I thought while I got close to them -. After two minutes talking with them I realized who they were:

- OMG, you are "Culebra" and "Cabeza"! -, I said.

They didn't look like themselves, probably it was the reason why I didn't recognize them at first. In all the sketches they make, they get dressed as a stereotype of different people; as hippies, as posh people, as urban youths,... That day the looked like "normal people". In each of their comedies, they talk about the same topics, but these problems are told by the different stereotypical people who each have different points of view. It's not only funny but also very interesting to watch the sketches, because I think they open your mind in a humorous way.


Rafi and Fali produced their first film ("El mundo es nuestro") last December. It was the first Spanish film financed through crowdfunding. Its cinema session cost only two euros, as opposed to the 8 euros you must pay (at least) to watch any other film in Spain.

It's very difficult to understand their accent, but anyway it's funny to watch their scketches.


Please, If you find any mistake or you have another point of view about the information that I have posted, please leave a comment. We can all learn together! This blog feeds on your coments!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment